ALL CREATURES GREAT & SMALL ANIMAL SANCTUARY
Job Title: Animal Welfare Assistant
Job Details: Part time, every weekend, inc. bank holidays & Xmas Day. 25 hours per week
This post meets the requirements of Government Legislation on National Minimum Wage
Location: Llanfrecha, Cwmbran
Responsible to: Sanctuary Manager
We are looking for a motivated, passionate individual to join our animal team.
Main Purpose of Job:
To admit and care for unwanted and abandoned cats, dogs and other small animals, horses and farm stock; to advise potential new owners and the general public in the care and welfare of their animal; to work as part of a team delivering first class customer service, answering queries and matching and rehoming animals effectively.
- Valid manual driving licence
- Over 18 years
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Significant animal care & handling experience this does not include owning an animal minimum 1 year
- Working with members of the public in a customer service environment
- Administrative skills, including computerised systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Good literacy & numeracy skills
- Team Player
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above including maths & English or equivalent
- Paid or voluntary employment in an animal welfare environment
- Experience of cash handling
- You will have a cheerful, confident and friendly approach, with the ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- You will demonstrate the flexibility & empathy required when working with animals and a confident, professional & courteous approach to members of the public.
- You will have the ability to learn and follow instructions, be able to prioritise tasks while maintaining a polite approach to visitors and telephone callers.
- This Job requires physical fitness as you will be required to carry out manual handling.
APPOINTMENT IS SUBJECT TO DBS CHECK AND TWO SATISFACTORY REFERENCES
Closing Date: 27th November 2020
Please send a cover letter expressing your interest in this position and your CV to ACGASjobs@gmail.com